Data protection legislation regulates the way in which certain personal data about yourself, both in paper and electronic form, is held and used. This Privacy Notice provides information regarding how ATR Group processes the personal data collected or received from recruitment agencies and candidates seeking work with us, e.g. from CVs, cover letters, correspondence, interviews, meetings, calls and application forms.
ATR Group acts as the data controller of the personal data collected and processed during and after recruitment.
1 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
ATR Group will collect and process the personal data of candidates seeking work either speculatively, or in response to a specific opportunity that has been advertised.
Upon receipt, your personal data will be logged in our database for recruitment purposes. We will only use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To assess your skills and qualifications, to consider your suitability for the position and to decide whether to enter into a contract with you;
- To carry out background and reference checks;
- To communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- To keep records related to our hiring process;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory requirements;
- To consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during our recruitment process;
- To be able to undertake equal opportunity monitoring and reporting;
- To monitor emails sent to us (including attachments) for viruses or malicious software; and
- To protect and manage traffic.
By law, we are required to tell you the legal bases upon which we rely in processing your personal information. These are:
- It is necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract between you and ATR Group.
- It is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of pursuing and developing our business, where such interests are not overridden by your rights or interests.
We may also rely upon the following legal bases for processing your personal information:
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation on us.
- It is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another individual.
Where such processing is being carried out on the basis that it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests, we will always weigh our legitimate interests against your interests and your fundamental rights and freedoms, and will not process personal data on that basis if your interests outweigh ours.
At the end of the recruitment process, in the event you are not successful with securing employment with us, your personal data will be retained for one year after notifying candidates of the outcome of the recruitment, under the legal basis of our legitimate interest (e.g. for the purposes of reviewing or revisiting the recruitment period) and will then be securely deleted. If you would like your CV to remain on our database after this time, you will need to resubmit your CV to us on a speculative basis.
At any time, if you no longer wish your CV to be retained by us, you can contact us to have your details removed from our database.
In the event you are successful in securing employment with us, your personal data shall become part of your employee file with us and shall be held in accordance with our Employee Privacy Notice, as detailed in the Employee Handbook, a copy of which will be provided to you at the time you become an employee.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision making.
2 WHO HAS ACCESS TO DATA?
Your information will be shared internally with ATR Group staff, for the purposes of recruitment (subject to confidentiality arrangements), and where necessary, a competent public authority, government, regulatory or fiscal agency where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which ATR Group is subject to.
Except as described above, we will not disclose personal information we hold about you to any third party other than to third parties who are providing services to us, which may include the following:
- IT service providers;
- Recruitment consultants;
- Background and/or credit reference services;
- Telephone service providers;
- Document storage providers and
- Backup and disaster recovery service providers.
3 HOW DO WE PROTECT DATA?
ATR Group have implemented a number of operational controls and internal policies to seek to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the performance of their duties.
In the event data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to companies within the ATR Group, it is protected by appropriate transfer safeguards, which guarantee an adequate level of data protection wherever your data is physically kept.
Where we engage third party suppliers to process data on our behalf, we do so on the basis of written instructions, ensuring the third party has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
4 YOUR RIGHTS
As a data subject, you have a number of rights in certain circumstances, as follows:
- to access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- to object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances; and
- to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override our legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at DPO@centuriongroup.co.uk or by post at Blackwood House, Union Grove Lane, Aberdeen, AB10 6XU.
If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner via www.ico.org.uk.
This policy is subject to review and change at any time and its most current version will be published here.